Global Schoolwear is excited to announce a new opportunity for a skilled Hemmer/Seamstress to join our team at our Oak Creek, WI facility. Our brand new warehouse is equipped with state-of-the-art hemming machinery, and we are looking for someone who is excited to work with the latest technology and has a passion for producing high-quality garments.
Our company culture is one of positivity and enjoyment, and we regularly have group lunches, celebrations, and other fun activities to keep things light and fun. We believe in creating a positive and enjoyable work environment for all of our team members.
As a Hemmer/Seamstress, you will have the opportunity to work with our design team to produce top-quality school uniforms and other sewn products that meet our high standards. You will be responsible for hemming, seaming, and finishing garments to meet our quality standards, operating sewing machines and other equipment as needed, and maintaining a clean and organized work area.
• Hemming and seaming garments to specified measurements
• Operating sewing machines and other equipment as needed
• Maintaining a clean and organized work area
• Meeting production targets and deadlines
• Communicating with team members and supervisors
• Ensure that safety standards are maintained at all times
• 1+ years of experience as a Hemmer/Seamstress or similar role
• Proficiency with sewing machines and other equipment
• Attention to detail and ability to follow production guidelines
• Ability to maintain speed and efficiency and be fully committed to excellent customer service
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask when necessary
• Ability/aptitude to learn the setup and operation of complex hemming machinery
• Basic computer skills, including data entry
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Strong team player attitude
• Walk and stand for long periods of time
• Use hands/arms to reach for and handle merchandise and materials
• Regularly lift, push, and/or pull up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift, push, and/or pull up to 25 pounds
At Global Schoolwear, we value our employees and strive to create a positive and enjoyable work environment. Join our team today and be a part of something exciting!
Note: This job description portray in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time.
For more information or to apply for a position, please email [email protected].