Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I determine what size to order?
A: The size chart found on each product page provides garment specifications per item. Once you’ve measured your child, you can determine the most appropriate size based on the specifications noted. You may also call customer service (877.825.2860) for assistance. Please note, our fit is a more traditional, true to size fit than other uniform brands.
Q: What if my child needs a unique size that you do not offer?
A: For the student with special size and fit needs (typically when the student has difficulty finding their clothes in off-the-rack sizes), we can offer custom size fulfillment for an additional $20 per garment. Please note that this is not for tailoring of garments or tweaking of sizing. Please call our customer service team at 877.825.2860 to place your order. Special size orders take a minimum of 10 weeks. (Custom Blazers are an additional $55).
Q: How do I navigate your website?
A: Our website is designed to be simple and intuitive. Here is a quick overview of the steps:
- Find your school using your school’s unique code or school name.
- Your child’s grade, gender, and program is required at login to ensure you are shopping only the items and colors that are approved.
- You may shop using the filters on the left navigation.
- Once you’ve selected a product, the logo details are setup according to your school administration requirements. If the logo is required, you will not be able to add the item to your shopping cart without it. If the logo is optional, you will be given the choice to apply it or not. If the logo is not allowed, no logo option will appear.
If you feel you need further assistance, our Tutorial page will walk you through the site or you may call customer service at 877.825.2860.
Q: How can I tell what the uniform requirements are for my child?
A: Once you have logged into your school store with your child’s grade and gender, you will see the uniform items specific to that student’s grade and gender. Uniform items are designated as either Required (your child has to wear this product), Meets Requirement (this is one of multiple styles that can be worn to meet the school requirement), or Optional (this does not have to be purchased but is allowed to be worn in school).
Q: What if I cannot find my school on the Find Your School page?
A: If you cannot find your school on the Find Your School page, please contact our customer service at 877.825.2860.
Q: How do I apply a logo to my uniform?
A: Your school’s custom website manages the logo requirements for you. If the logo is required, you will not be able to add the item to your shopping cart without it. If the logo is optional, you will be given the choice to apply it or not. If the logo is not allowed, no logo option will appear.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Q: When will I be charged for my order?
A: Your credit card will be charged once your items have shipped.
Q: Why is “Global Schoolwear/May Avenue” charging me?
A: Global Schoolwear/May Avenue is the web host and service provider for School Uniforms by Tommy Hilfiger.
Q: What if I need to change or cancel my order after I have completed it?
A: Due to the fact that this apparel is often logo’d or hemmed and made specifically for individual schools all orders are final and unable to be changed or cancelled.
Q: When will I receive my merchandise?
A: October through June: Once an order is received, it will be shipped in 3-5 business days from our facility. The total time frame for delivery of an order is 3-5 business days for processing plus shipping time frames (see options in the next question). If an item is on backorder, the in-stock date will be noted on the product page. Please note that orders placed in July, August, and September may experience longer processing times due to the busy season.
Q: What are my shipping options?
A: We ship via UPS and offer a variety of shipping options. All prices below are flat fees per shipment regardless of where you are in the country or the weight of your package. You will select your shipment option during the checkout process.
|All Domestic States, excluding Hawaii and Alaska
|UPS 3 Day Select
|UPS 2 Day
|UPS 2 Day Hawaii
|UPS 2 Day Alaska
Q: What is your return policy and how can I return merchandise?
A: We stand behind the quality of our product 100%. If there is a product defect or any quality issue the item can be returned at any time. We encourage you to use both our sizing guide and customer service in order to determine what size best fits your child. Since many of our garments are embellished with logos on demand, ordering multiple sizes of the same item to determine correct fit is not permitted. In these cases, returns will require approval from our account team.
To process a return:
- Click here to complete our online return form or call Customer Service (1.877.825.2860) for a prepaid return label. Upon completion of the return form, you can expect to receive your label from UPS via email within 3 business days.
- Once we receive your returned items we will refund your original form of payment.
- If you need a different size or item, you may place a new order via the online store or our Customer Service Representative can enter the order by phone during the return process. You'll pay for the replacement order and we'll provide a refund upon receipt of the return.
- If the return is the result of a product defect or quality issue, we will waive the shipping charges on the replacement order.
Q: How do I properly care for my products?
A: To ensure that your products look and feel great for years to come, please follow the care instructions on each garment carefully.
Q: Do you offer Bulk Order Discounts? Do you have Bulk Order Minimums?
A: We do not have bulk order minimums – you may order as few or as many items as you need. We do offer bulk order discounts, please call us at 800.217.7761 or email us at INFO@GLOBALSCHOOLWEAR.COM for details.