Seasonal Embroidery Operator
Global Schoolwear is looking for a results-driven, dynamic individual to join our team as an Embroidery Operator for our distribution center. The primary function of this position will be to accurately process customer orders requiring embroidery and participate in all embroidery department processes including quality control inspections, garment hooping, trimming, and machine operation.
Roles and Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
- Set up, operate, and troubleshoot industrial sized embroidery machines to manufacture embroidered goods at the highest quality and efficiency standards.
- Prepare machine for garments, which includes loading digitized designs into machine network, manual thread color changes and needle changes when appropriate.
- Prepare garments for machine, which includes hooping mechanisms and backing placement to ensure highest possible quality and output.
- Examine completed work to detect product defects and verify conformance and adjust machinery as necessary to correct quality or efficiency issues.
- Routine machine maintenance including daily oiling and lint control using compressed air system and shop vacuum.
- Provide feedback to the management team on new ideas or issues.
- Be collaborative in solving problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent a plus
- Prior experience with embroidery and embroidery design software is a plus
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to maintain speed and efficiency and be fully committed to excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi task when necessary
- Ability/Aptitude to understand/master setup and operation of complex embroidery machinery
- Strong color, close and distance vision is required
- Ability to thread a needle
- Intermediate computer skills – data entry
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Whatever it takes attitude.
- Walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Use hands/arms to reach for and handle merchandise and materials.
- Regularly lift, push and/or pull up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift, push and/or pull up to 25 pounds; and infrequently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
As a seasonal position, this position is not benefit eligible.
For more information or to apply for a position, please email [email protected].