Join our dynamic team at Global Schoolwear as an Embroidery Operator in our brand new Oak Creek, WI facility! We are a fast-paced and exciting company that values teamwork and collaboration, and we're looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to help us continue to grow and succeed.
Our company culture is one of positivity and enjoyment, and we regularly have group lunches, celebrations, and other fun activities to keep things light and fun. We believe in creating a positive and enjoyable work environment for all of our team members.
As an Embroidery Operator, you'll have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art, brand new embroidery machinery to produce top-quality products for our customers. You'll be responsible for setting up and operating the machines, preparing garments for embroidery, and performing quality control checks to ensure the best possible outcome.
• Set up, operate, and troubleshoot industrial-sized embroidery machines to manufacture embroidered goods at the highest quality and efficiency standards
• Prepare the machine for garments, including loading digitized designs into the machine network and making manual thread color and needle changes as needed
• Prepare garments for the machine, including hooping mechanisms and backing placement to ensure the highest possible quality and output
• Examine completed work to detect product defects and verify conformance, adjusting the machinery as needed to correct quality or efficiency issues
• Perform routine machine maintenance, including daily oiling and lint control
• Collaborate with others in solving problems
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior experience with embroidery a plus
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Ability to maintain speed and efficiency and be fully committed to excellent customer service
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask when necessary
• Ability/aptitude to learn the setup and operation of complex embroidery machinery
• Basic computer skills, including data entry
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Strong team player attitude
• Walk and stand for long periods of time
• Use hands/arms to reach for and handle merchandise and materials
• Regularly lift, push, and/or pull up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift, push, and/or pull up to 25 pounds
Note: This job description portray in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time.
For more information or to apply for a position, please email [email protected].